Vishwadeep Khatri

Weak With Math But Wish To Excel With Six Sigma

Dear Sir............very very good thought and I welcome it whole heartedly. Even sometime people may not know as to where lies their weakness. So a prelim test can hightlight where the individuals need to focus. And for that matter, any knowledge gathered but not put to use, slowly but surely wanes away! Once again, welcome the approach. ......rgds//S Srikanth

Hey VK,

Thanks a lot for taking this initiative,i have been working on practicing mathematics,but don't really know what approach should i follow,which all topics i need to focus on, a step by step approach like what you have mentioned would certainly help me rather everyone who is willing to improve their skills and put them to a productive use.

Regards,

Abhishek Saddi

Hello VK

I am very glad to know that..m sure this going to be very helpful..i did green belt but because of this numbering fear i didnt thought of going for black belt..many may be facing same problem..please go ahead with this VK..may be now i can consider myself to go for black belt happily..

Regards: Sanyogita Shrivastava

Dear Sir,

I think the basic maths skill is a must in implementing this 6 Sigma. Hence a person who is well versed in Statistical techniques can do a lot better than anybody. An organisation wont take chances in implementation part with non-maths employees / officers. People more than 40 is common in corporate level decision making roles. But, those who monitor , guide, train and audit 6 sigma should be Statistical expert. General logical and analytical skill is enough for understanding SS. But successful implementation part in an organisation should not be taken lighter manner, which is investment involved.

-k venugopal, Erode

Dear VK

A great thought and I am for it. Cant wait for the step by step procedures. This indeed will help alot of people who are planning on doing the Six Sigma GB/BB as well as refresh the minds of those who have already completed the GB/BB and strengthen the concepts. Knowledge is never a waste.

Once again a great idea and look forward for the study aid.

Regards,

Canute.

Great thought Sir.

Many a times, while doing all kinds of complicated analyses, when it comes to presenting the same to top management (or even new-comers in the team), Basic Mathematics helps to simplify the presentation than making the ppt look like a NASA R&D project.  :)

Shall look forward to further content on this subject from u.

Thanks and regards.

Vishwadeep,

Here is my personal experience with a BB candidate who was trained but had been certified as a GB before I joined the organization. Background information - during my conversation with the GB candidate he/she did not feel that his/her math skills are not at the best but are weak.

Practice Practice Practice and Execution Execution Execution (initially with the support of mentor) helped the BB candidate to improve the skills required to learn the concept and interpret the results of graphical and inferential tools in order to use the same in pragmatically and make recommendations to improve the processes.

Hope this helps you to capture the information you need.

Ashok