Sign in to follow this  
mohanpb0

Six Sigm in a KPO environment

Hi,

Could you let me have a Six Sigma Case Study in a KPO environment? (Not BPO)

Thanks and Regards,

P.B.Mohan

Hi,

I am only trying to use this to push Six Sigma in my company which is a KPO. These case-studies will be used to convince my Management. Names of people and companies can be hidden.

Thanks and Regards,

P.B.Mohan

Hello Mohan,

I am working in a KPO too and trying to initiate a project in my company.  I am into E-commerce domain and decided to work on customer complaints in one of our project which is a pain point.  This I decided based on VOC (Voice of Customer) and discussed with my senior Management thus have become VOB (Voice of Business)too.

If you can explain a little about your process may be we can discuss further regarding a project in your concern.

Hello Mohan,

My suggestion would be to 'Implement' and 'Demonstrate' approach rather than using a 'Concept', 'Implement' and 'Demonstrate' approach. There are misconceptions about Six Sigma in the service industry and management often finds it difficult to engage.

If you need help in selecting a project, then you can drop an email to me and I would be able to help.

We are a KPO organization too and there are different ways six sigma can assist an organization.

Regards,

Anees Merchant

Mohan,

Please tell me, which domain are you in? What kind of processes are you handling in your KPO? The pain area where business is impacted financially, shall be shaped as a Six Sigma Project. At the other end where it comes to convince the Senior Mgmt. You have to be ready with some data/RCAs (Rout Cause Analysis) & its financial impact to the company. As every body understands the language of measurement, it will be easy to convince the higher mgmt with some savings.

For further visibility feel free to revert.

Many thanks,

Gurshit Singh

Hello Shivani,

As you might be knowing the basic difference between Voice of Customer and Voice of Business is. VOC is always about what is that they want and it need not end up in any increase in our revenue. VOB is always about either increasing revenue, business or saving from a loss.

Thus, if you have to

1. list out the problems that were raised by customer

2. try to map financial impact of it (if any)

3. how it can result in losing the client (based on the frequency of the issue, etc.)

4. Show how the project could benefit or safeguard the Business (in terms of the three elements important for VOB)

Such a report would help to convince the management.  Then on it would become a VOB, even if you dont concentrate on it, they will ask you to rectify the problem.

Hope I have replied your question.

Thanks,

Senthil.

Hello Vini,

Six Sigma can, of course, be applied to Payroll Outsourcing as well. Wherever, you have a process, Six Sigma is applicable. So let us think of a few areas where you could use it in Payroll:

1) Are there defects in payroll processing every month? Is there a need to reduce this defect %age? 

2) What is the Turn Around Time for resolving any errors or discrepancy in Payroll processing? Is that acceptable to the organization and the employees?

3) How accurate is your payroll information? E.g. there is an organization that has been paying incentives to all technicians rather than a certain grade within the IT team. Another example could be real time timekeeping vs filling a system at the end of the day.

I hope this gives you some ideas. In case you are already are working on a project, and have a specific question, we would be glad to answer.