A New Definition Of Lean Six Sigma.

• 3 months later...

Hello Sir,

Very rightly, your explanation of 'Six Sigma' simplifies the entire jargon. This definition / explanation will prove very useful while dealing with resistence within an organisation and re-iterating use of data collection for an analysis.

Thanks, Amol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The difference with data analytics is highlighted by a very popular definition - by Michael L George. 

"Lean Six Sigma is a business improvement methodology that maximizes shareholder value by achieving the fastest rate of improvement in customer satisfaction, cost, quality, process speed, and invested capital"

Lean Six Sigma provides an entire approach for business improvement including methods of identifying, defining, measuring, analyzing, improving and controlling. An "analytics" person may contribute in some of these phases (mostly (define and analyze) 

Hope this helps. 

coming from banking industry i was finding it difficult to convince my self about the relevance of six sigma from my present role point of view .

but all my doubts are cleared.

where there is decision making involved - six sigma approach is needed.

no management can manage a thing without taking this approach

thanking you for putting the whole hing in such simple, short form and firmly introducing the concept of Lean six sigma.

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Lean

''Lean is a business philosophy used to continuously identify, reduce and eliminate the wastes from all walks of business''. (Source: The Six Sigma Way, Tata Mcgraw Hill)

Lean concept is used to identify Non-value adding activities in the processes and strategically remove it from the end-to-end value stream.

Six Sigma

''A flexible and comprehensive system for achieving, sustaining and maximizing business success''. (Source: The Six Sigma Way, Tata Mcgraw Hill)

It is uniquely driven by close understanding of customer needs, disciplined usage of data & facts, statistical analysis and diligently attention to managing, improving, and re-inventing the business processes.

• 3 months later...