Online Business Value Analyst (TOC) Practitioner Program
What is the Business Value Analyst program?
An alternative to cost accounting is Throughput Accounting. The operating premise of Throughput Accounting is to view the impact of investments and any operational changes in the parlance of business throughput. This program provides a very good understanding of how Throughput Accounting can make financial targets easier to achieve.
Traditional Financial Accounting is beyond the reach of people involved in Marketing, HR or Operations. This program builds a close connection between operational decision making and profitability. We have conducted this course for 20 MBB Batches in the past.
To engage participants in debates about Financial Metrics and Throughput Accounting and to bring about the value of a new set of metrics that can help modify KPIs and integrate functions.
Why Benchmark Six Sigma is suited to deliver this program?
Benchmark Six Sigma is number 1 for Business Value Analyst in many ways.
- In 2001, Benchmark initiated the first business excellence certification program in India. The only other provider in India at that time was Motorola University from the USA. The programs have been evolving and are reviewed and revised every year. Adding value to Financial Results has always been a focus of our programs
- We train the largest number of business excellence professionals in Public and Corporate programs (1500+ every year)
- The large network of business excellence professionals has now crossed 40000. You can find a Benchmark Six Sigma certified professional in every large company in India
- We moderate the largest Lean Six Sigma learning community (among top three forums in the world)
- Here are several key elements that differentiate us from others
a. Online Instructor-led
b. Public Training – Calendar Program
c. Corporate Program – Standard or Customized, Continuous or Phase wise
Who Can Benefit
- Non-Finance and Finance Professionals who want to convert traditional accounting practice to a more practical and operational accounting practice
- Project Management Professionals who want to link their project objective to organization objectives
- The leadership team in order to better understand the impact of projects on the finances of the organization
- Any progressive management professional who wants to bring change for the better
- Anyone who wants to build competence that is domain independent
Forthcoming Business Value Analyst Programs
Online Business Value Analyst Certification - 13 February to 14 February 2021
Date: 13 February to 14 February 2021
Time: 9:00AM to 1:PM
- Facilitated by Multi-Industry Expert
- 8 Hrs of Instructor-led Classroom Training
- 8 PDUs for PMI credential
- Globally Recognized Benchmark Six Sigma Certificate
- Membership of largest Business Improvement Community
- Course Material Kit for Business Value Analyst
- Data, Templates and Case study for Analysis
- 1 Day of Instructor-led Classroom Training
- Business Value Analyst Examination
- Globally Recognized Certificate with lifetime validity
The outline of this highly targeted workshop of 1 day on Business Value Analyst is mentioned below.
- Typical Objectives of a company.
- How should the Corporate objectives be measured? How are they measured?
- Conventional Financial Measures and their utility
- Understanding Throughput Accounting.
- Reviewing the impact of Operational Decisions on Financial Metrics.
- Using TOC for prioritizing projects that will bring in the highest financial value.
- Discussion to review existing metrics in the Organization.
- Understanding and identifying the constraint.
- Methods of exploiting a constraint.
- Subordinate all decisions to exploiting the constraint.
- Elevating the constraint.
- Avoiding the inertia
- Identifying new constraint and repeating the cycle.
To learn more about Business Value Analyst Certification Course, its uniqueness and advantages as applicable to your specific situation, fill out the fields below. You can also call +919811370932 to speak to one of our Program Advisers.
* All fields are required.
Business Value Analyst classroom programs with unmatched advantages
What everyone offers
Some / Industry Acceptance
Some Project Practice
Some Training Experience
Benchmark offers More
We started our programs in 2001 and most accreditations started later. We provide Exemplar Global accredited globally valid certificate.
We guide participants through cases from different industry sectors which come from real experience in those organizations.
What no one else offers
The facilitator of our Business Value Analyst (TOC) Practitioner program is an International Expert on Business Excellence.
Training methodology that has matured with modifications since 2007
We integrated Lean and Six Sigma in our programs more than a decade ago.
Training is the beginning. We engage members with 2 questions every week to facilitate ongoing learning.
We provide additional coaching to our participants when they implement projects at their workplace.
The facilitator has significant training experience in manufacturing as well as services.
Use of multi-sensory approaches is our forte.
Well integrated program with Business Excellence MBB
A cross-industry platform for discussions available for a lifetime which has 53000+ members
The facilitator has conducted hundreds of Lean Six Sigma programs.
The training is rated as excellent by thousands of participants.
You can expect the most engaging training experience ever.
Free Excel based TRIZ templates for all our participants.
Periodic free webinars for all our participants.
Most frequent questions and answers
Q1: What is Theory of Contraints (TOC)?
The Theory of Constraints is a management approach that emphasizes the importance of identifying the “system constraint” or bottleneck. It defines a set of tools that project teams can use to manage constraints, thereby increasing profits.
Q2: Who developed Theory of Constraints (TOC)?
The Theory of Constraints (TOC) was developed by Dr. Eliyahu Goldratt (Eli Goldratt) and was introduced in his landmark book “The Goal.”
Q3: What is the difference between Lean and Theory of Constraints (TOC)?
While, TOC focusses on contraints (the “weakest links” in the system), Lean thinking focuses on the notion of value. The objective of both continuos improvement methodologies is to increase profit. Lean is aimed at cost reduction by eliminating waste and steps that do not add value to the customer. TOC on the other hand attempts to move away from cost reduction by focussing on throughput improvement. Throughput is the rate at which the organization generates money through sales.
Q4: What is Drum Buffer Rope?
Drum Buffer Rope (DBR) is a scheduling and planning tool which considers that any system has at least one contraint. This constraint controls the output for the entire system. It’s the drum, setting the beat for delivery. Buffers of time protect the drum from disruption. The rope ensures that all other resources are timed and scheduled to support the drum.
Q5: What is throughput accounting?
Througtput accounting is accounting based on TOC principles. It differs from traditional accounting in that it views accumulating inventory as a bad behavior, and cutting costs as less important than selling goods. The primary focus is to maximize throughput while minimizing inventory and operating expenses.
Very interesting to know the P&L sheet facts and the areas where we can identify the Six Sigma projects to add value to the business as an MBB. Thanks, VK for the practical sessions.
Very insightful course
A very insightful course that is a must-do for any Lean Six Sigma professionals. It provides greater insights into delivering business value by understanding the linkages between financial and operational metrics and which areas for driving projects. VK’s insights coupled with interactive team exercises is surely something that one should not miss.
Really Value Adding
Well structured with simulation exercises using a teamwork approach. Offers good insights to see the ‘Business value’ added for an organization to help focus on the right, high impact projects. This program is a real value addition for OPEX professionals. Thanks, VK
This Session helped me link Projects with Business goals. Understand Conventional Accounting / KPI’s. VK covered it beautifully.
BVA Topic that gives you areas for laser focus
Helps you understand the importance of P&L data and how to validate the project outcome and its impact on business.
Very good training for Projects selection
Very good training & will help us to identify the Right kind of projects that will generate more value to the Organization, Training contains a lot of the Practical exercises.
This was an excellent session to understand how to align and connect Lean Six Sigma projects with the overall organization’s financial goals and how to make an impact on the top-line & bottom line for the company. Great learning experience!
A very effective methodology to prioritize the improvement projects within any organization. The training was rightly paced with enough time allocation for experience sharing within the cohort. VK is really knowledgeable in all aspects of business in multiple industries and hence thoroughly enjoyed the discussions.
Turning subjectivity to Objectivity
Very nice way to prioritize the projects with true impact on business value. Great for using in Leadership reviews & planning
Value Add Technique for Evaluating Project Imapct
BVA is a great program to understand the important concepts about key parameters such as Profits, ROI, FCF Vs OE, TVC, Throughput, and show their linkages as well.