Online Lean Practitioner and Lean Guide
What is Lean Practitioner and Lean Guide?
Understanding the Lean principles helps one identify what is of value to the customer. This identification feeds into removing all the “waste” and keeping only what is meaningful for the customer. You can create increasingly efficient processes with reduced costs and production time. One could say that Lean is a systematic approach to minimizing waste.
Waste Elimination in a company leads to enhanced business results. Used rigorously by Toyota as TPS (Toyota Production System) and later known as Lean Manufacturing and Lean Management, this is one program that has the highest potential for transforming a company. We have conducted this course for 20 MBB Batches in the past.
To engage participants in seeing waste, understanding reasons for wastes and elimination of wastes. To provide hands-on practice on all the common lean tools and practices.
Why Benchmark Six Sigma is suited to deliver this program?
Benchmark Six Sigma is number 1 for Lean Practitioner and Lean Guide in many ways.
- In 2001, Benchmark initiated the first business excellence certification program in India. The only other provider in India at that time was Motorola University from the USA. The program has been evolving and is reviewed and revised every year. Lean Practitioner Competencies were a part of our Green Belt and Black Belt programs
- The Lean Practitioner and Lean Guide programs were initiated in 2006
- We train the largest number of business excellence professionals in Public and Corporate programs (1500+ every year)
- The large network of business excellence professionals has now crossed 40000. You can find a Benchmark Six Sigma certified professional in every large company in India
- We moderate the largest Lean Six Sigma learning community (among the top three in the world).
- Here are 15 key elements that differentiate us from others.
a. Public Training – Calendar Program
b. Corporate Program – Standard or Customized, Continuous or Phase wise
Who Can Benefit
- Professionals who want to learn and apply the highly popular and successful Lean Principles and Practices
- Continuous Improvement Professionals
- Process Owners and Operation Managers
- Any progressive management professional who wants to bring change for the better.
- Anyone who wants to build competence that is domain independent
Forthcoming Lean Practitioner and Lean Guide Programs
Online Lean Practitioner & Lean Guide Certification - 20 February to 21 February 2021
Date: 20 February to 21 February 2021
Time: 9:00AM to 1:PM
- Facilitated by Multi-Industry Expert
- 16 Hrs of Instructor-led Online Training
- 16 PDUs for PMI credential
- Globally Recognized Benchmark Six Sigma Certificate
- Membership of largest Business Improvement Community
- Course Material Kit for Lean Practitioner and Lean Guide
- Data, Templates and Case Study for Analysis
- 16 hours of Instructor-led Online Training Content
- Lean Practitioner and Lean Guide Examination
- Globally Recognized Certificate with lifetime validity
LEAN PRACTITIONER OUTLINE
- Lean Thinking, the origin of Lean Manufacturing, the focus on continuous flow.
- The journey – Batch processing, single piece flow and pure continuous flow.
- Understanding and visualizing wastes – TIMWOOD
- The meaning of Value Add and Non-Value-Add in a practical sense.
- 5S as an improvement tool.
- PDCA cycles for continuous improvement.
- Kaizens and Kaikakus
- Identifying opportunities with As-Is Value Stream Map
Defining a mini project
- Selecting a Lean Practitioner Project.
- High-level mapping of the process – SIPOC diagram.
- Creating a mini charter.
Assessing current performance
- Lean Metrics – Cycle time, Takt time, Lead time, Throughput.
- Relationship of these metrics with each other and impact on productivity.
- Calculating process cycle efficiency.
- Working with set up and change-over times, The concept of SMED.
- Detailed mapping of a process with a swim lane map or a VA-NVA mapping
- Assessing OEE
Finding the root cause of a problem
- Gemba and Genchi Genbutsu
- Listing potential causes using an Ishikawa diagram. Using a mind mapping tool for the Cause-Effect diagram.
- Validating root causes with Why- Why analysis and Pareto’s analysis
- Using huddles and Kanban boards for team engagement during the project.
Finding alternative solutions and implementing the best solution
- Using lean principles to question the As-Is Value Stream Map
- Understanding and considering visual controls, supermarkets, Kanbans, Pull systems for the future Value Stream Map.
- Heijunka, Takt, Pitch and Runner systems.
- Visual control, Andon boards, and Kanban Boards
Ensuring Sustenance of the solution and CI after implementation
- Doing Risk Analysis
- Making use of Poka Yoke
- Using Kanban, Andon, and VSM as tools for continuous improvement.
LEAN GUIDE OUTLINE
- Implementing Lean with DMAIC framework.
- The psychology behind errors and mistake proofing
- Lean Principles
- Handling resistance
- Simulation Exercise
- VSM in Service Exercise
To learn more about Lean Practitioner and Lean Guide Course, its uniqueness and advantages as applicable to your specific situation, fill out the fields below. You can also call +919811370932 to speak to one of our Program Advisers.
* All fields are required.
Lean Practitioner and Lean Guide classroom programs with unmatched advantages
What everyone offers
Some / Industry Acceptance
Some Project Practice
Some Training Experience
Benchmark offers More
We started our programs in 2001 and most accreditations started later. We provide Exemplar Global accredited globally valid certificate.
We guide participants through cases from different industry sectors which come from real experience in those organizations.
What no one else offers
The facilitator is an International Expert on Business Excellence.
Training methodology that has matured with modifications since 2007
We integrated Lean and Six Sigma in our programs more than a decade ago.
Training is the beginning. We engage members with 2 questions every week to facilitate ongoing learning.
We provide additional coaching to our participants when they implement projects at their workplace.
The facilitator has significant training experience in manufacturing as well as services.
Use of multi-sensory approaches is our forte.
We explain the linkages of Lean with Six Sigma
A cross-industry platform for discussions available for a lifetime which has 53000+ members
Well integrated program with Business Excellence MBB
The facilitator has conducted hundreds of Lean Six Sigma programs.
The training is rated as excellent by thousands of participants.
You can expect the most engaging training experience ever.
Free Excel based templates for all our participants.
Access to online Calculators (Little’s Law, Takt Time, Process Cycle Efficiency and many others) that can be used anytime anywhere
Most frequent questions and answers
Q1: What is Lean?
Lean is a customer-centric process improvement methodology with the focus of improving work processes through the elimination of waste and retaining only value adding activities.
Q2: What is the duration of Lean Guide and Lean Practitioner Course?
16 Hrs of instructor-led online training
Q3: What does a Lean Practitioner do?
A certified lean expert is aware of the various lean concepts, philosophies,tools and plays a pivotal role in process improvement in a company.
Q4: How does lean help in improving productivity?
By eliminating the sources of inefficiency, focussing on value adding activities, mobilizing cross functional teams around common objectives, Lean makes it possible to increase production and thereby improve productivity.
Q5: What are Kaizen events?
Kaizen events are short-term brainstorming and implementation sessions intended to improve an existing process. They aid breakthrough improvements in as little as a few days, while creating a continual improvement culture. “Kaizen” refers to a Japanese word which means “improvement” or “change for the better”.
Q6: Is lean applicable to only a production process?
This is a misconception. While Lean process improvement approaches were developed originally for manufacturing processes, there has been steady progress towards adapting these approaches for use on service and administrative processes. In fact, many exciting breakthroughs are taking place in areas such as software development, financial services, healthcare, etc. Every core lean principle applies just as strongly to other business processes as it does to manufacturing and supply chain processes.
Lean Practitioner & Lean Guide
LPLG Programme was an eye-opener for me as in day to day life in the manufacturing industry we are facing challenges. Very useful & VK has made it very user friendly.
Great Session on Lean
The training was excellent with lots of case studies that help in understanding the concepts and application in our work environment.
Great session on Lean concepts
Excellent session! It had complete coverage of all the Lean tools with relevant examples.
Very Relevant and applicable, Excellent examples and training!
The course was well designed, was explained well. Plenty of real-life/business examples made it relevant. The trainer was very helpful apart from possibly being the best in the business.
Very informative & Interesting
Live examples, good discussions and simple & easy to understand sessions.
Easy to Understand & Insightful session
Good understanding of Lean Principles, tools, and methodologies provided.
Very informative and detailed Lean training
Very detailed and well-structured course. Gives fundamental and practical training
Insightful session with examples
Quite an interesting session with lots of examples and learned advanced tools of lean which can be implemented in the organization.
Great course on Lean!
This Course is very good for understanding the lean tools & its Deployment. VK has provided very good practical examples
Understand the Subject of Lean in the Best Way Possible
Loved how VK broke down the different topics and concepts of the LPLG certification course and explained everything so simply that even a novice like me could understand and grasp this subject well. Would recommend this course to everyone.