Lean Management of projects are concerned with channelizing them in the most profitable direction. Waste elimination by thinking Lean, is a concept that is used to maximize the ROI and add value to the processes. It also helps in on-time delivery by using nominal budget and resources.
There are certain catchphrases that the practitioners of Lean Management like to abide by. They are:
- Normalize each process, even the reward system and make sure all levels of the business and processes have a consistent information regarding the imminent changes.
- Evaluate, gather feedbacks, and reduce ambiguity. These are the keys to progress when performing Lean Management.
- Take up projects which would respond positively to smarter improvement tactics and would not require a total overhauling. Waste elimination by automation is one technique that could help employees work smarter, not harder.
- Build prototypes, execute on smaller scales and collect data. This would ensure better planning, and risks and conflicts can be handled at the core.
- Use Build-Measure-Learn process to validate the theories that are assumed to fetch the changes. Once the data is collected, use it for waste elimination and for a robust impact.
Let go of Plan A, if it is neither accepted nor appropriate.
See full story here