The world is suffering from a leadership crisis as effective and influential leaders are not be seen anywhere.
Servant leadership entails working to remove the conflict through healthy communication, lending an ear to other people’s ideas, and behaving in a civilized way with even those whose ideas we disagree with. For everyone to come to terms with agreement over something which is in favor of those who are being led, such type of leadership is very important.
Leadership is about the people and there is a need of such leaders are needed who are honest sincere, can be a guide and direct what needs to be done and what actions must be taken. Today there is need of such leadership is needed where the leaders can come up with a three-year strategy, rather than someone who comes up with a new program frequently to meet special interests and tries to give false hope.
Leaders who put their qualities of passion, purpose, and character together to combine with their skills and potential for leadership, assist in business expansion, bring out the best potential in people and implement a process which is sustainable process to be successful.
To build such a business environment, the prerequisites are:
1. Businesses must absorb the principles and vision of the servant leaders. There must be a good and smooth relationship between leaders and employees.
2. The businesses must be made aware of servant leadership and how it helps; as most of the businesses do not have any knowledge of it.
3. The leaders must have a goal to establish servant leadership principles and philosophies and the business must hold the leaders accountable for becoming a servant leader.
4. The people who have an understanding of what it means to be a leader should be given the leadership position. Leadership ability and potential are very important to fulfill the expectations which are from a leader.
5. The training and mentoring process must be conducted to forge servant leaders.
6. Leaders must accept servant leadership whole heartedly.