Sign in to follow this  
namrataj85

Application Of Six Sigma In Healthcare And Travel Industry

Dear VK,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the the blog, it was very insightful and inspirational. Immediately I would like to upgrade myself to Black belt. Now that the black belt course is in progress, guide me when should I join again. I would also be happy if you could throw more insights on Benchmark.

Dear Mr. David,

I shall be pleased to guide you with complete information about our Black Belt Certification Programs.

Kindly provide me with your contact details to assist you better.

Alternatively, you can also get in touch with me at 9212664477 or mail at 

mohit@benchmarksixsigma.com

Warm Regards

Mohit Anand

Benchmark Six Sigma

To do six sigma project in healthcare....

1. understand healthcare processes (Administrative)

2. initialy start implementing some basic Lean methods like 5S, Kizen, reduce wastes like waiting time, over processing, transportation, motion, defects in service and also find NVA and VA.

3. first work on these methods for some months thill the time you acquire required data for six sigma project because how will you measure and analyse facts without data?

the purpose of Lean Six Sigma is to remove defects and reduce variations in process.

hello everyone,

need more discussion on applications of this lean concept in healthcare... especially in hospitals, in India its the need for the hour for all the healthcare executives to think on these management concepts to apply into hospitals in order to maximize the staff/customer satisfaction.

Hi everyone,

Doing continuous improvement project (6 sigma project) in services industries, in order to get focus (customer focus), everybody has to understand the VOC (voice of customer) concept. Slightly different with those in manufacture industries, which usually specification limit (customer requirements) already there.

First of all, VOC research plan has to be developed in order to get customer issues/needs. Then, these issues/needs translate to CTQ in our processes. To get better understanding on this, recommended going to your SIPOC diagram as well.

For example: having done such kind of research, then you have known that your customer will be satisfy if the response time not more than 10 minutes (customer needs). Then this will become CTQ in our processes. Next, by seeing your process map - or perhaps value stream map, you can identify waste (unproductive cycle time), variations and so on which driving for not meeting this 10 minutes, then these will be opportunity for improvement (project selection).

What I am trying to explain is, whatever projects selected become 6 sigma project should be good and priority (focus) especially those in services industries where customer requirements sometimes not obvious.

Perhaps can help

Thanks

Abadi S

It would be good idea to collect data on processes also from other hospitals than yours which would give the exact status where u stand and then fix up the CTQ targets.

Agencies like IMRB carry out inter unit research/survey(VOC collection) designed on clients requirement which can give u the insight into processes to be improved upon.

Alternatively large hospital chains can benchmark their process CTQ's across different location and take up six sigma projects with Current CTQ's as existing performance & the Best CTQ performance as CTQ targets

Regards

abnish

Dear Ms Priyanka,

In public health department, you have some data. For example, no. of people attending health centre (six sigma parameter is repetitive patients among total ). This % is to be minimised from Two sigma to each stage upto 6 sigma. No. of cases in each catagory of disease (No. of Repetition in each catagory and try for 6 sigma). No. of medicines not available while patients are waiting (We have to maintain stock).   / Value of medicines thrown for crossing expiry dates / Total value of medicines bought. This % is to be minimised upto 6 sigma. You can take such parameters.

K Venugopal

Hi! VK Sir,

I am Sourabh currently working in Tourism industry. I had done my green belt certification. Now I am about to start my black belt soon. I am also aspire to become a Lean Practitioner/Lean Guide. How Lean program will help in Tourism Industry. 

Warm Regards,
Sourabh Nandi