Hello,

This is respect to ISO 9001 2008 or in general I would say QMS, the question is not about what is QMS or ISO....

My query is how we can measure the effectiveness of the QMS in Ops team in service sector without using any scoring or grading system....

This is not a how to, question but what do you see as your key measures of effectiveness?

Hi,

We are implementing the ISO 9001-2008 in our organization. To check the effectiveness, i question the department members and heads about the process, policy and the records of the subject.

Based on the records and answers the grading would be done for conformity and non comformity. Here conformity/ Non Conformity proves the effectiveness of the QMS implementation.

I feel i cannot measure the effectivesness without grading. Hope this helps.

Thanks Srinivas for the reply...

I completely agree even grading system contributes in identifying the effectiveness in QMS, but there are cases where (for e.g.) suppose if we are following grading system in QMS then there is possibility where ops members may run behind to achieve high grades without understanding or realizing the exact requirement of the QMS attributes. In such situation we cannot rely for the fact that the process has reached its effectiveness level...

I need to overcome such kind of risk, I am thinking how we can resolve such situation...

• 2 weeks later...

Supplier Quality measured by PPM

Plant Quality measured by Defects per unit

Field quality measured by Concerns or Repair/ 1000 or 100

Customer satisfaction measured by customer satisfaction index

this is worldwide measurement in automotive industry

Pl find 16 “C†s to support implementing QMS 

1.Customer First

2.Competition – Know your competitor

3.Challenge

4.Change

5.Charge – Take responsibility

6.Concept – Conceptual Change

7.Communicate

8.Carryout

9.Coordinate

10.Control

11.Cost down

12.Character – Decides All

13.Commitment

14.Content – For Improvement

15.Continue

16.Country – Think big

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Haresh, 

Thumb rules on - When to use DOE?

DOE (Design of Experiments) is commonly used to find the best combination of inputs to obtain the desired output. DOE can be used for several other objects like finding root causes of a problem. 

• DOE is used when multiple inputs (factors) have an impact on output. It is of special importance when the factors have interactions. 
  • DOE is more powerful than Hypothesis testing which generally used one factor and its impact on output. 
  • For DOE to be highly successful, factors need to be controllable and measurable. 
  • DOE cannot make use of historical data and one needs to collect data in a highly structured manner for defined combination of inputs. 
  • DOE is more effective as compared to linear regression as an equation generated through DOE carries interaction terms which are missing in a Regression Equation. 

DOE requires a certain investment and is used by organizations who are willing to take a risks in their improvement journey.