Sign in to follow this  
itsme.bharat

Six Sigma & Release Management

Hi, 

I am working in the field of Change & Release Management for around 5 years, continuously working to improve the build and release management process through automation or tools. 

What I want to know is, Will and How Six Sigma can help in improving the Release management process more effective in terms of continuously improve release cycles. 

Please suggest or share your experience in same or other field. 

Thanks 

Bharat Bhushan 

Many techniques are relevant here. You may like to use QFD or Deign FMEA to identify focus areas for the next release. You may use hypothesis tests to see impact (or improvements after) of a release. You can use MSA to see if the data tracking methods provide you reliable data. You may use control tools to sustain improvements/ changes.

Let me know if you have further specific questions.

Hi,

I am working as a Change Analyst and System Administrator in Windows for the past 5 years. Please suggest how will Six Sigma help me to enhance my skills and build expertise.What is the major role and utilization  of Six Sigma  presently in the  software industry.

Thanks

Abhishek Mukherjee

Dear Abhishek,

As a Change Analyst, the tools mentioned above by VK may be helpful in your role, too.

On 10/21/2011 at 2:22 PM, Vishwadeep Khatri said:

Many techniques are relevant here. You may like to use QFD or Deign FMEA to identify focus areas for the next release. You may use hypothesis tests to see impact (or improvements after) of a release.

As a System Administrator, you may be responsible for the installation, support and upkeep of servers or systems. You may work on projects that involve fixing reasons for frequent breakdowns in a certain area. You may work on projects which involve reducing security policy breaches, time taken to resolve any issues/problems, reduction in escalation for resolution etc.