Vishwadeep Khatri

How Lean Six Sigma Impacts Your Future?

Lean Six Sigma learning can impact your future in several ways:

• Enhanced ability to make the right decisions - Professional and business success depends on this. Lean Six Sigma provides a set of world’s best decision approaches that have proved their worth in a wide variety of settings. It pays to learn these techniques.
  • Personal worth - People who are able to solve key problems systematically are the most sought people in an organizational setting.
  • Engaging others - It is possible for you to facilitate action based team learning if you gain this competence. Lean Six Sigma training is a kind of leadership training.
  • Improvement expertise - You can succeed with process improvement initiatives (in any industry or function) if you begin with the right fundamentals and build up the blocks well over them.

All the above result in career and business benefits. Please feel free to discuss this topic here.

Organizations and people have varied decision making approaches which evolves with time and more often than not becomes part of the organization culture or personality trait respectively. Lean Six Sigma gives that additional edge due to its scientific approach and time tested methodologies. If used in tandem within the constraints of the organizational culture to start off and slowly working towards managing the change (Change Management Cycle) it will definitely start delivering tangible value and garner more support over a period of time. This will definitely deliver results if practiced in spirit and lead to a more promising future due to clarity of vision and greater control in the progress towards achieving the key milestones.

The Future of Lean Sigma Thinking provides the tools to not only survive, but prosper through the current business environment by supplying lean practitioners with a formal process for keeping up with technological advancements.

It introduces cutting-edge business solutions across the business domains, and explains how to integrate these concepts with proven Lean principles.I think , this will definitely lead to a promising future.

it would definitely have an impact...

1) Professional - It is an industry independent certification.. so it will help us shift industries.. also, we can use it any domain, be it marketing, finance, HR, IT...

2) Personal - There is a process in anything that we do, even in our personal life.. we have problems everywhere.. so these tools help us understand ourselves and become a better self by eliminating the recurring problems...

Some ways in which Lean Six Sigma has changed my thinking:

1. Helping me systematically think about what "improvement" means in different contexts. When we hear the words, "this system should improve" or "this product should become better", we may think of one or two ideas based on our understanding of the process or product. Most of the time, we don't have a structure in such thought. Six Sigma allows us to think through how we would define such a problem as a business problem, how to take it into the statistical domain or analytical domain, and how to find solutions. This is a very basic and fundamental change, which has impacted the way I do every project I take up.
  2. Lean Six Sigma helped me personally improve my own speed and efficiency of doing things. My colleagues and I developed systems like "personal kanbans" and used 5S in our workplaces. This allowed us to improve the way we work, and spend every minute of our time in a useful, productive way, and get the most out of our jobs and opportunities.
  3. A stepping stone to leadership. Lean Six Sigma allows people with leadership potential to hone the way they think problems through and implement large scale change. Without the tools of six sigma, I would not have transitioned from an engineering professional to someone who has skills in leading teams, initiatives and programs in Fortune 50 organizations.

In addition , Six Sigma tools have a lot of overlap with the tools which are used in Analytics. So it is much easier for Black belts and Master Black belts to learn Analytics as new skill which would be highly in demand for next couple of years. Descriptive and Predictive analytics uses most of the tools (with deeper understanding) which we learn/ use as BB/MBB.