Problem Solving and Decision Making
What is Problem Solving and Decision Making?
Problem-solving is a structured approach to finding solutions to complex issues. It facilitates business decision making by keeping the customer in the center and providing the right tool kit. This program is a precursor to advanced approaches. It provides a strong foundation to key elements for decision making.
Our 1500+ batches in the past have all been focused on Problem Solving and Decision Making. This course picks all essential elements and presents them in a powerful package. For simplicity and high relevance, we use 8D problem solving framework which is used for customer focused problem solving at Here Solutions. We have conducted this course for Here Solutions in the past.
To orient participants to various scenarios of Problem Solving and share how Problem Solving (and Decision Making) needs to vary in approach based on the situation. Practical 8D examples are shared and debated to bring out the flexible approaches that are needed. Three aspects are emphasized for various elements – what is mandatory in problem solving, what is conditionally required and what is optional.
Why Benchmark Six Sigma is suited to deliver this program?
Benchmark Six Sigma is number 1 for Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Program in many ways.
- In 2001, Benchmark initiated the first Problem-Solving program in India. The program has been evolving and is reviewed and revised every year.
- We train the largest number of Business Problem solvers (1500+ every year).
- The large network of Problem-Solving professionals has now crossed 40000. You can find a Benchmark Six Sigma certified professional in every large company in India.
- We moderate the largest Business Excellence learning community (among top three forums in the world).
- The largest number of hiring requests for Improvement Professionals in this community are generated from within our network, several of them are fulfilled indirectly through our forum.
- Here are several key elements that differentiate us from others.
Who Can Benefit
- Professionals involved in short and long Problem-Solving Sequences including RCA sessions, 8D Problem Solving, DMAIC approaches, or PDCA.
- Business Analysts.
- Leadership team and strategy analysts.
- Research and Development and professionals doing new product/service development.
- Any progressive management professional who wants to bring change for the better.
- Anyone who wants to build competence that is domain independent.
- Facilitated by Multi-Industry Expert.
- Minimum 16 Hrs of Instructor Led Classroom Training.
- 16 PDUs for PMI credential.
- Globally Recognized Benchmark Six Sigma Certificate for Problem Solving.
- Membership of largest Business Improvement Community
- Course Material Kit for Problem Solving and Decision Making.
- Data and Templates for Analysis.
- 2 Days of Instructor Led Classroom Training.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making Examination.
- Certificate with lifetime validity.
Problem-Solving and Decision-Making basics and 8D approach.
- D0: Plan
- Plan for solving the problem
- Determine the prerequisites.
- D1: Use a team
- Establish a team of people with product/process knowledge.
- Confirm the scope
- D2: Define and describe the problem
- Specify the problem
- D3: Develop interim containment plan; implement and verify interim actions
- Define and implement containment actions to isolate the problem from any customer.
- Verify effectiveness
- D4: Determine, identify, and verify root causes and escape points
- Identify all applicable causes that could explain why the problem occurred.
- Identify why the problem was not noticed at the time it occurred.
- Verify or prove all causes.
- D5: Choose and verify permanent corrections (PCs) for problem/nonconformity –
- Quantitatively confirm that the selected correction will resolve the problem for the internal/ external customer.
- D6: Implement and validate corrective actions
- Define and implement the best corrective actions.
- D7: Take preventive measures
- Modify the management systems, operation systems, practices, and procedures to prevent recurrence.
- Prevent similar other problems.
- D8: Congratulate your team
- Recognize the collective efforts of the team.
- The team needs to be formally thanked by the organization.
- Practice Sessions on D1 to D8 for real problems.
The contents of this program can be customized based on a shadow session or pre-study done within the company.
To learn more about Problem Solving and Decision Making, its uniqueness and advantages as applicable to your specific situation, fill out the fields below. You can also call +91 9811370932 (India) or +1 513 657 9333 (USA) to speak to one of our Program Advisers.
* All fields are required.
Problem Solving and Decision Making programs with unmatched advantages
What everyone offers
Some / Industry Acceptance
Some Project Practice
Some Training Experience
Benchmark offers More
We started our programs in 2001 and most accreditations started later.
We guide participants through cases from different industry sectors which come from real experience in those organizations.
What no one else offers
The facilitator of our Problem-Solving and Decision-Making program is an International Expert on Business Excellence.
Training methodology that has matured with modifications since 2007
Excellent rating by our participants.
Training is the beginning. We engage members with 2 questions every week to facilitate ongoing learning.
We provide additional coaching to our participants when they implement projects at their workplace.
The facilitator has significant training experience in manufacturing as well as services.
Use of multi-sensory approaches is our forte.
We explain the linkages with Robotics Process Automation and Business Analytics as part of Black Belt program
Our Forum is one of the top three in the world and has 53000+ members.
We provide well integrated programs from GB to BB to MBB regularly.
The facilitator has conducted hundreds of Lean Six Sigma programs.
The training is rated as excellent by thousands of participants.
You can expect the most engaging training experience ever.
We provide a life long free excel based software to our participants
Periodic free webinars for all our participants.
Most frequent questions and answers
Q1: Will be this workshop hone employee problem solving skills?
Yes.Employee are given various kinds of problem solving scenarios to work on improving their creative problem solving and decision making skills.
Q2: Why is this workshop an absolute "must do" for all your employees?
Problem-solving is a structured approach to finding solutions to complex problems. It facilitates effective problem solving by keeping the customer in the center and providing the right tools. This program is a precursor to advanced approaches. It provides a problem solving process for solving all kinds of problems. It provides a strong foundation to key elements for business decision making.
Q3: Which approach is used for understanding the problem solving process?
The Eight Disciplines (8D) of problem solving approach is used to effectively identify and solve recurring problems.
Q4: Does the workshop cover root cause analysis?
Yes. Root cause analysis forms a major part of the course curriculum.
Q5: What are the important steps in effective problem solving using the 8D approach?
The steps include planning, choosing team members, framing the problem statement, deploying interim containment plan, root cause analysis, generating ideas, implementing solutions and establishing preventive measures.
Excellent scientific and analytical applications
Benchmark Six Sigma training takes you to the core of the operations from where you can improve and enhance your capabilities and deliveries using excellent scientific and analytical applications.
Good utilization of my time
Training was great in terms of theory as well as practice. It was engaging and I felt it was a good utilization of my time.
One of the best
One of the best training I have ever attended. Excellent course and material with an even better trainer. I would love to get further trained by Benchmark!! Great job
Training session was good
The training session was good. Covered all the topics and given ample time to each query. Trainer was bang on on all aspects. Thanks.
Great job done!
Excellent training! All the doubts were cleared by the trainer. Difficult subject made easy, interesting and engaging. Great job done!
Great content….the examples shared were very helpful and easy to understand in the layman’s terms.
Nice and very well oriented course
It was a nice and very well oriented course in a structured manner with a proper pace to understand all the components.Examples and self to do questions gives you in hand grip of the subject.Trainer ensures regarding no doubts left during flow of information. Overall a good learning.
Enjoyed the session
Trainer is Knowledgeable and experienced. I too am interested to learn and develop like him. I enjoyed the session. Thanks to Benchmark group for giving this opportunity.
Very informative and interesting
The session was very informative and interesting with lots of practical examples. Thanks to the trainer for taking us through the workshop.
Benchmark team, take a bow… the entire experience right from enrollment, venue, trainer and the content was just fabulous… highly recommended.