Poka Yoke (Mistake Proofing)
What is Poka Yoke?
It is good to do it right the first time. However, it is even better to not let the mistake happen in the first place. This is the motto of Poka Yoke or Mistake Proofing. This program provides a detailed understanding of a recommended mistake proofing sequence. Using this sequence, the process can be made to produce defect-free outcome by preventing, rectifying or detecting the errors as they occur. The impact of the error, hence, is not passed on to the customer.
What started as “baka-yoke” or idiot proofing, transformed into “poka-yoke” or mistake proofing. The concept that was originally developed by Shigeo Shingo in Toyota Production Systems is now a widely accepted mechanism that places behaviour altering constraints on users to prevent defects. We have conducted this course for Dr. Reddy’s in the past.
Participants will understand how to identify areas where mistakes can happen, and how the mistakes can be prevented before causing any harm. The participants will appreciate the different types of mistake proofing and how it does not always mean expensive solutioning or automation.
Number 1 in India
Benchmark Six Sigma is number 1 for Poka Yoke in many ways.
- In 2001, Benchmark initiated the first business excellence certification program in India. All our problem-solving workshops include Poka Yoke
- We train the largest number of business excellence professionals in Public and Corporate programs (1500+ every year)
- The large network of business excellence professionals trained by us has now crossed 40000. You can find a Benchmark Six Sigma certified professional in every large company in India
- We moderate the largest Lean Six Sigma learning community (among the top three in the world)
- Here are 15 key elements that differentiate us from others
Who Can Benefit
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance professionals
- Process Owners and/or Operation Managers
- Professionals having knowledge of FMEA involved in finding sustainable solutions to problems
- Any progressive management professional who wants to bring change for the better
- Anyone who wants to build competence that is domain independent
- Facilitated by Multi-Industry Expert
- 8 Hrs of Instructor-led Classroom Training
- 8 PDUs for PMI credential
- Globally Recognized Benchmark Six Sigma Certificate
- Membership of largest Business Improvement Community
- Course Material Kit for Poka Yoke (Mistake Proofing)
- Examples and exercises for Application
- 1 Days of Instructor-led Classroom Training
- Poka Yoke (Mistake Proofing) Examination
- Benchmark Six Sigma Certificate with lifetime validity
- Planning for Poka-Yoke – PFD and PFMEA primer.
- What is Mistake Proofing?
- Quality by Design
- FMEA and Mistake Proofing – Exercises.
- Types of Human Errors and Mistake Proofing.
- Psychology of Human Errors.
- Mistake proofing methods and their usability.
The contents of this program can be customized based on a shadow session or pre-study done within the company.
To learn more about Poka Yoke (Mistake Proofing) Workshop, its uniqueness and advantages as applicable to your specific situation, fill out the fields below. You can also call +91 9811370932 (India) or +1 513 657 9333 (USA) to speak to one of our Program Advisers.
* All fields are required.