Design Risk Analysis – Design FMEA and FTA
What is Design Risk Analysis?
A Design Risk Analysis is an analytical technique used to identify potential failure modes related to product performance (i.e. fit, form, function), durability, service life, reliability, operational ease, maintainability and cost and to ensure that they have been considered and addressed by the design of the product.
Reducing inherent risk in design and preventing failure of a product are critical in multiple industries such as aerospace, automobiles, software, healthcare, regulated industries etc. The risk assessment and mitigation should be proactive and not reactive. Our DFMEA program provides a thorough understanding of Design Risk Analysis Tools, namely Design FMEA and Fault Tree Analysis. It covers the preparatory work to be done before DFMEA and linkages between DFMEA and FTA. We have conducted such a course for Boeing, USA in the past.
To equip Design professionals to nuances of one of the most advanced and proactive approaches in the world of Quality – Design FMEA. To explain how previous knowledge feeds into DFMEA, how to carry out FMEA at system, sub system and component level. To provide an understanding of FTA and its formats. To explain linkages between DFMEA and FTA.
Why Benchmark Six Sigma is suited to deliver this program?
Benchmark Six Sigma is number 1 for Design Risk Analysis in many ways.
- In 2001, Benchmark initiated the first Six Sigma program in India. The program has been evolving and is reviewed and revised every year. FMEA has been an integral part of our Six Sigma courses
- We have been using FMEA and FTA extensively in our consulting assignments and have multi-industry expertise
- We moderate the largest Business Excellence learning community (among top three in the world).
Who Can Benefit
- Professionals involved in Design of products and processes
- Professionals in the field of Research and Development
- Any progressive management professional who is keen to learn and apply Business Process Re-Engineering (BPR)
- Professional involved in New Product development
- Facilitated by Multi-Industry Expert
- 24 Hrs of Instructor Led Classroom Training
- 24 PDUs for PMI credential
- Benchmark Six Sigma Certificate
- Membership of largest Business Improvement Community
- Course Material Kit for Design Risk Analysis
- Data, Templates and Design case study for Analysis
- 3 Days of Instructor Led Classroom Training
- Design Risk Analysis Examination
- Certificate with lifetime validity
- How to determine the function, features or requirements of design.
- Identifying and documenting the potential failures.
- Listing the effects of Design Failure.
- Severity, Occurrence and Detection Rankings for Design FMEA.
- Determining the Risk Priority Number (RPN) and using it for prioritization.
- Recommended actions and implementation.
- Re-rank Severity, Occurrence, Detection based on evidence of the effectiveness of the actions.
- High risk items should generate a Key Characteristic in order to detect and control the risk.
- Differences between DFMEA and PFMEA.
- Logic Block Diagram of Fault Tree Analysis.
- Foreseeable undesirable loss events.
- Building logic diagram with logic symbols.
- Adding probabilities to FTA for prioritisation and proactive problem solving.
The contents of this program can be customized based on a shadow session or pre-study done within the company.
To learn more about Design Risk Analysis – Design FMEA and FTA, its uniqueness and advantages as applicable to your specific situation, fill out the fields below. You can also call +91 9811370932 (India) or +1 513 657 9333 (USA) to speak to one of our Program Advisers.
* All fields are required.
Design Risk Analysis – Design FMEA and FTA with unmatched advantages
What everyone offers
Some / Industry Acceptance
Some Project Practice
Some Training Experience
Benchmark offers More
We started our programs in 2001 and most accreditations started later. We provide Exemplar Global accredited globally valid certificate.
We guide participants through cases from different industry sectors which come from real experience in those organizations.
What no one else offers
The facilitator of our Design Risk Analysis program is an International Expert on Business Excellence.
Training methodology that has matured with modifications since 2007
Excellent rating by our participants.
Training is the beginning. We engage members with 2 questions every week to facilitate ongoing learning.
Case study based approach.
The facilitator has significant training experience in manufacturing as well as services.
Use of multi-sensory approaches is our forte.
Hands on exercises that are custom designed for the company
Our Forum is one of the top three in the world and has 53000+ members.
The facilitator has conducted hundreds of Lean Six Sigma programs.
The training is rated as excellent by thousands of participants.
You can expect the most engaging training experience ever.
Free scenarios for all our participants.
Cross functional action learning workshop format facilitated by an expert.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.