Advanced Product Quality Planning Workshop
What is Advanced Product Quality Planning?
Advanced Product Quality Planning is a framework of methods and procedures used to design and develop new products and continual improvement. It considers the end-to-end value chain of product development and helps mitigate possibilities of failure during the entire life cycle. The framework is similar to Design For Six Sigma. Participants will learn about the entire APQP phased process (5 Phases).
Background – Quality is a prerequisite in what we do. Many professionals talk about quality but lack a deep understanding. This course works as an eye-opener to definition, concepts and approaches to Quality. We have conducted this course for Boeing, USA in the past.
To educate participants with the most advanced framework for Product Design and Development using DFSS approaches.
Why Benchmark Six Sigma is suited to deliver this program?
Benchmark Six Sigma is number 1 for courses on Quality in many ways.
- In 2001, Benchmark initiated the first Quality certification program in India. Today, 22 programs are offered by us. These programs has been evolving and are reviewed every year
- We train the largest number of business excellence professionals in Public and Corporate programs every year
- The large network of trained business excellence professionals has now crossed 40000. You can find a Benchmark Six Sigma certified professional in every large company operating in India
- We moderate the largest Lean Six Sigma learning community (among the top three in the world)
Who Can Benefit
- Professionals involved in Product life cycle management
- Professionals in New Product Development or R&D
- Product Managers
- Those who wish to learn Design for Six Sigma (DFSS)
- Procurement professionals
- Vendor Managers
- Anyone who wants to build competence that is domain independent.
- Facilitated by Multi-Industry Expert
- 24 Hrs of Instructor-Led Classroom Training
- 24 PDUs for PMI credential
- Globally Recognized Benchmark Six Sigma Certificate
- Membership of largest Business Improvement Community
- Course Material Kit for Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Data, Templates and Design case study for Analysis
- 3 Days of Instructor-Led Classroom Training
- Advanced Product Quality Planning Examination
- Certificate with lifetime validity
The outline of this 3-day workshop on APQP is mentioned below.
- Purpose & Benefits
- Main Pillars of APQP
o Organizational commitment & Management support
o Cross-functional team
o Effective project planning
- 5 Phases of APQP
- APQP Elements
- Element Deliverables
- Managing the APQP Process
The contents of this program can be customized based on a shadow session or pre-study done within the company.
To learn more about Advanced Product Quality Planning Workshop, its uniqueness and advantages as applicable to your specific situation, fill out the fields below. You can also call +91 9811370932 (India) or +1 513 657 9333 (USA) to speak to one of our Program Advisers.
* All fields are required.
Advanced Product Quality Planning Workshop with unmatched advantages
What everyone offers
Some / Industry Acceptance
Some Project Practice
Some Training Experience
Benchmark offers More
We started our programs in 2001 and most accreditations started later. We provide Exemplar Global accredited globally valid certificate.
We guide participants through cases from different industry sectors which come from real experience in those organizations.
What no one else offers
The facilitator of our APQP program is an International Expert on Business Excellence.
Training methodology that has matured with modifications since 2007
Excellent rating by our participants.
Training is the beginning. We engage members with 2 questions every week to facilitate ongoing learning.
Case study based approach.
The facilitator has significant training experience in manufacturing as well as services.
Use of multi-sensory approaches is our forte.
Knowledge of integrating DFSS techniques in decision making and continuous improvement
Our Forum is one of the top three in the world and has 53000+ members.
The facilitator has conducted hundreds of Lean Six Sigma programs.
The training is rated as excellent by thousands of participants.
You can expect the most engaging training experience ever.
Free scenarios for all our participants.
Hands-on expertise in applying DFSS techniques
Most frequent questions and answers
Q1: What is APQP?
Advanced Product Quality Planning is a framework of methods and procedures used to design and develop new products, necessary to ensure that a product satisfies the customer.
Q2: Is APQP only useful for automotive industry?
No. Auto manufacturers order large quantities of specific components and the quality of these components affects the overall quality of the end-product. It is important to them that suppliers apply APQP regardless of what they manufacture (metal, plastic, glass, electronics, textile, leather, etc). Although first developed by the automotive industry in the late 1980s, APQP is implemented today far and wide in other industries as well.
Q3: Why use Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)?
Complex products and supply chains present plenty of opportunities for failure, especially during new product launch. APQP is a structured process aimed at ensuring customer satisfaction with new products and processes.
Q4: How does APQP ensure customer satisfaction with new products and processes?
New product development processes involve use of customer inputs based on the previous experience of similar kind of products and processes. The voice of customer includes customer requirements, quality requirements, timing, cost, etc. APQP ensures that this Voice of the Customer (VOC) is clearly understood and translated into technical specifications. This ensures customer product expectations are met in every way.
Q5: What are the 5 phases of APQP?
1. Product Planning and Quality Program Definition
2. Product Design and Development
3. Process Design and Development
4. Product and Process Validation
5. Production Launch, Feedback Assessment and Corrective Action
Q6: How is APQP related to Product Part Approval Process (PPAP)?
PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) is one of the components of APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning). Poor performance in a PPAP (results don’t meet customer expectations) can be attributed to poor APQP. PPAP is in the 4th phase APQP.
Q7: What are the expected benefits of APQP?
1. Quality product provided on time at the lowest cost.
2. Avoiding post-release or late changes.
3. Directing resources to the vital few items.
4. Early identification of changes required (Intentional, Incidental)
Q8: Can APQP aid manufacturing processes?
Yes, via improved Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFM/A) concept. The primary goal of Design for Manufacturing/ Assembly is to design products and processes to be as efficient as possible. This ensures shorter assembly time, lower assembly cost, elimination of process waste and increased product reliability during manufacturing.
Follow up questions for each concept.
What I liked most was the Instructor’s use of probing, follow-up questions tested whether we truly comprehended and understood the concepts.
Depth of trainer's knowledge.
The depth to which the teachers understood the material. The instructors were incredibly knowledgeable of the information and were able to answer all of our questions thoroughly.
Exercises and gamification were wonderful. It was tremendous instruction and great interaction throughout.
Enjoyed learning with my team by an excellent instructor. VK is an excellent instructor for Six Sigma training.
I liked practical examples throughout the course.
Application of tools to real problems.
The instruction was engaging, and well connected with real-world examples. Speed of the course.
I liked the interactivity throughout the course.