namrataj85

Six Sigma As A Career

43 posts in this topic

Any Business to run should have process and where there is a process there is a variation, now six sigma comes into picture to control the variations and eliminate non value addition in process.

So the answer is yes six sigma can be applied for any field/business.

I Kaushal Tripathi have done PGDM-IB,Marketing & working in "Lakhani India Ltd......(Footwear Industry). As "Management Trainee".

I would like to know that how the "SIX SIGMA" course help us & what course & module suits us.

Thank you.............

Hi, Atlast, Finally, I made up my fingers to touch the keybord.

I was really in hesitation whether to join or discuss any of the issues which are related to my professional life.. But Now, when i read the conversations between Namratha and all of you who guided (gave advice)  her, I realised that I can get Nothing without Asking...

I am working as a Sr. Process Associate in US Health care Domain in which I take the major roles and responsibilities to Improve the Quallity of the work and to Increase the Revenue of the Clients.. I want to know a basic thing whether Six Sigma Learning/Implementing helps me in my Job or Not. Please reply me to this so that I can place out my full Job roles & resp.

Thanks and Regards,

Jvs Prasad.

Well the basic can be used anywhere, as sixsigma is a stratigy which is used by the big forum as the people works are hired with high money and people in small organisation never think abt implementing as we think that it can be used by big companied.

thinking the statragy part by part even we can use it in small things which we do in our daily life.

Dear VK,

Can you kindly put some light on how the six sigma can be utlised in safety management systems or safety analysis for power sectors.

Thanks in advance with hope.

Cheers/edward....

Hi  VK

I am a science graduate and have a Diploma in Computer Applications. I was working with HSBC BPO as Assistant Manager Operations.

During my tenure in HSBC, I got the opportunity to be part of a Six Sigma training and I also have overseen 2 different projects undertaken by my team members and have assisted them in completing their projects.

Now, my query is that if I complete a Green belt Certification in Six sigma, can I move on to be a project manager or a Quality manager in the same industry or others?

Request your guidance.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Mridula

Dear Vishwadeep,

What are the prospects for doing research in the area of Six Sigma as applied to design and process improvement methods? Is any research being done at reputed universities around the world? What are the pre-requisites for someone interested in doing research in this area?

--Rajesh

Thanks VB for your timely response!!! I recently attended the GB Workshop with BenchMark 6 Sigma at Bangalore.It was quite an eye-opener but I don't think so GB alone will suffice to my dreams of becoming a quality manager. Should a BB too be an extended support?? Please reply.

Hi Mridula

Many thanks for attending our Green Belt Certification Program in Bangalore and Congratulations for obtaining a High Score in the Examination conducted on the last day of the Program.

Coming to your query, it is recommended that you undergo a BB Training and Certification in order to learn advance tools and techniques (over GB)  that help you initiate and solve COMPLEX business process improvement problems in your role as a Quality Manager at your work place.

A GB Certification acts as a first step and if required, you need to upgrade to other higher levels like BB/ MBB. As a Quality Manager, you will have to lead high end Six Sigma Projects that involve usage of rigorous techniques and hence it is advisable to take up BB.

I hope I managed to help you with your query. Incase of any further doubts, you may write to me at shradha@benchmarksixsigma.com.

Regards

Shradha

Benchmark Six Sigma

Can a six sigma project be conducted on an email support process to reduce tat which is three days when it should be 12 hours.  There is no control on the inflow as they are customer enquiries.  The number of FTEs cannot be increased and queries need to be checked and replied to accurately to reduce chain mails from customers for the same query.  Original documents are missed out and hence there are delays in giving first time resolution which also affects quality.

Please advise.

Hi Judy,

Your situation seems to be the ideal candidate for a Six Sigma project. After all, if you knew the exact critical cause and the solution you would not need Six Sigma techniques. Welcome to the Six Sigma world.

Dear VK,
you told about taking small projects after completing GB, so what kind of small projects i make take.
please mention some examples
thank you.

Dear Mr. Agarwal,

While you are head of operations, it should be feasible for you to carry out a project or two immediately after black belt training. Once you have done projects, you should have options to take up new job or consulting work. Let me know If you have any questions.  

On 9/13/2016 at 7:08 PM, Karthik Kalluri said:

Hi ,

I am karthik into operations, could any one suggest me how six sigma impacts on my career & key elements in it focus .

How Six Sigma impacts you and your career can be explored at the link below- 

Hi,

why the difference between Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma, what are the miniscule differences, please help me with this...

Hi Namrata,

It doesn't matter your institution is big or small,all you need is how to improve the quality of the service to your customer,whether its related to  production or service industry, once you become  certified proffessional you can implement it in your day to day practice and in your  organisation and improve the quality of the service which will eventually improve the revenue of your company.

Manjunath